The McCook County Equalization Office is looking for a full-time Staff Appraiser. To apply, Click Here
As County Staff Appraiser, you’ll perform a variety of duties including:
- Independently perform technical and professional appraisal work to establish real property values for tax assessment purposes.
- Identify and map properties to be appraised using a various sources including legal descriptions, building permits and property appraisal records, and on-site property inspections
- Calculate and record real estate values using schedules for residential, agricultural, and commercial appraisals
- Analyze sales and market value trends of agricultural property to establish rates and guidelines for the valuations of agricultural land and buildings for tax purposes.
- Answer off and on-site inquiries by phone, email, and letter or in person to provide information concerning appraisals or to respond to questions regarding aspects of the real estate tax process.
- Assist the Director with the appeals by conducting physical inspections, comparative sales analysis, writing reports, attending meetings, and creating presentations.
- And more!
To be qualified for this position, you’ll need
- High School Diploma or GED. Real estate experience and/or construction experience preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with safe driving record; and maintain a safe driving record with the County
- Able to obtain State Appraiser / Assessor Certification within the first year of employment. Continued education is required to maintain employment.
We’re looking for someone who is detail oriented and can work independently; is able to communicate with the public; has basic computer skills; is able to perform field inspections for property assessment; and is able to perform math calculations and interpret blueprints, maps, and legal descriptions.
We prefer someone with a construction experience and knowledge of appraisal methods and laws affecting the appraisal of land, building and personal property.
We offer outstanding benefits including health insurance and participation in the SD Retirement Plan.
To be considered, apply at Click Here
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
|Job Title||Department||Type||Salary||Closing Date||Download Application|